David’s background has centred around use of New Technologies to impact standards in the classroom. Writing results at Heathfield soared from 9% Level 5 to 60% Level 5 in 12 months after the implementation of new technologies and blogging. Each of the last three Year 6 classes to leave Heathfield Primary School have made double the national expected progress. David’s work has also been featured on BBC1, BBC1 NW, Radio 5 Live and in the national newspapers.
David has experience of working in partnerships with over 30 schools in the last 12 months. Each package has been specifically design for each school after discussion with SLT. Most recently, David has been involved in a project with Pie Corbett working with a large cluster of schools in Gloucestershire raising standards in writing through Talk4Writing and New Technologies. David has had much of his work published, most recently, his work with tablets and apps has been published with Oxford University Press and can be viewed here.
What David can offer you:
* Support the launch of blogging in your school
* Develop the use of free Web2.0 tools in your school
* Support and develop the use of Tablets and Apps in your school
* Action planning with SLT/Subject Leaders – planning the implementation of new technologies on a timescale to suit your school
* Leading by example and teaching pupils in your school with your teachers learning about new tools and techniques in class
The above development can be delivered through the following packages:
* Multiday packages working in class with teachers and THEIR pupils showcasing new tech, old tech and NO tech.
* Long term support plans to ensure deeper longer lasting impact in your school.
* Single day showcase: Includes a staff INSET/Meeting after school
* Cluster package: Share the cost with your Cluster
* Bespoke packages designed together leading to even deeper impact.
Although David is based in the NW of the UK, he travels far and wide to work with pupils, teachers, schools, clusters and businesses. For availability and to find out more and begin a conversation, please complete the contact form here.