The writing results of DeputyMitchell’s pupils soared from 9% Level 5 to 60% Level 5 in 12 months after the implementation of simple existing new technologies and blogging.
DeputyMitchell has been a primary school teacher for 20 years teaching Reception to Year 8 and has worked at all levels of management from ICT Co-ordinator, Department Head to Headteacher of two schools. Ever since he saw the power as a Year 6 teacher of using forums to get pupils writing outside of the traditional school day as early as 2005, DeputyMitchell has seen amazing impact through technology used at the right time, in the right way, to not only inspire pupils to write, but write to the very best of their ability. DeputyMitchell’s background has centred around use of new technologies to impact standards in the classroom. His work has also been featured on BBC1, BBC1 NW, Radio 5 Live and in national newspapers.
It has been very well documented about the significant shift in attainment and progress (See the BBC coverage on the right) of the pupils DeputyMitchell has taught and since January 2013, as a Freelance Consultant, DeputyMitchell is on a mission to bring these innovative approaches to staff and pupils both far and wide. Since January 2013, DeputyMitchell has worked with over 300 schools, including Teaching Schools and Alliances.
Writing in The Sunday Times about the impact of DeputyMitchell’s approaches with his Year 6 pupils, India Knight wrote:
With the focus on impact on data, DeputyMitchell can offer you:
- Engaging INSET Training – Bespoke INSET day extravaganza. Recent review from the renowned blogger ‘The Primary Head’
- Inspiring Bespoke multi-day packages teaching pupils whilst training staff using carefully selected innovative technologies
- Focussed 1:1 planning/coaching sessions with staff embedding quick wins into daily planning
- Keynote speaking at your conference
- Workshop delivery
- Strategy planning with SLT ensuring a future proof approach to procurement
Every school is different with different needs. DeputyMitchell’s philosophy is simple…
- Bespoke support leads to deeper impact
- Practise what you preach
- If we do what we always have done, we’ll get what we always got
- If the technology can’t seamlessly be used within 2 minutes in the classroom, it’s not of value to the teacher.
DeputyMitchell has recently been working with Russell Scott Primary School in Manchester. The Head teacher (Steve Marsland) said:
Steve Marsland: NLE, Head Teacher of Russell Scott Primary
If you would like to get in touch to discuss possibilities, please fill in this contact form.